• Conceptions of the world and the search for meaning
• The metaphysical interpretation of history. Neglect of personal being
• Culture and metaphysical language. Hermeneutic and semiotic problems
• Cultural reasons for indifference towards metaphysics
• The insufficiency of experimental models and methods
• Metaphysical knowledge and scientific knowledge. The person as the foundation and measure of reality
• Criticism, speculation, and life
• The psychology and sociology of metaphysics
• Can there be transcendental semiotics and hermeneutics?
• Experience and metaphysical knowledge. The absolute and the relational constitution of the human person
• Transcendental knowledge. Intelligence and revelation
• The ontology of the religious sphere. Phenomenology and religion
• Ethics and religion. The
• Is there a specifically
• Is a metaphysics which integrates the
• Metaphysics and religious experience. The ontological and mystical status of the human person
Site of the Conference and the Workshops
The Assumption Convention Center, (Centro Congressi Assunzione),
Viale Romania, 32 - 00197 Rome.
English, Spanish, and Italian.
Please submit your proposal for the workshops, by December 1, 1999, to:
Professor William Sweet, Department of Philosophy, St Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia B2G 2W5 CANADA
Telephone: (1) (902) 867-2341 Fax: (1) (902) 867-3243; E-mail email@example.com