Interested in Research?
Working in the Wyeth Lab
Students can be a part of the lab in several ways :
- volunteers - for those curious about a first try at research
- independent projects - for those with a specific topic in mind
(Directed Studies course credit may be possible)
- honours and masters degrees - for those who want to step right into research
There are many potential student projects:
- field behaviour of marine invertebrates (either intertidally or underwater with SCUBA)
- laboratory experiments on invertebrate behaviours
- computer-based video analysis of behaviours
- neurobiology of slugs and snails
- confocal microscopy exploring nervous system anatomy
- mathematical modeling of behaviour
- collaboration with other researchers working with vertebrates or humans is also a possibility
Students interested in biological research (whether they are considering graduate school, a career in industry, government science, medical school, etc.) are encouraged to consider an Honours degree and/or a Masters degree in Biology at StFX.